6.12.2011

WON: Betsey Johnson designer dress for less than $100 on Ebay!

Originally: $460        Won for: $95.00

In the mist of searching for a dress to wear to my cousins wedding, I was desperate to find something fashionable and cheap. With Betsey Johnson being my favorite designer, I instantly searched for dresses on Ebay  in hope to find something appropriate for the occasion. As I scrolled page after page the prices not only were out of my price range, but not exactly what I was looking for. The dresses that were in my price range were "used". I tend to be a little picky when it comes to buying used items on Ebay due to my uncertainty of the quality and the risk you take in purchasing an item previously used.

 Just as my hopes began to run low I came across a few dresses labeled "new" Betsey Johnson dress. I saved them to my "watch" list and hoped that I would win one of the dresses.As the first bid approached I continued to check back to see just how high the price had gone up. Every dress that I had on my watch list had been bid out my price range, except one. A blue teal dress with a cream underlining had not been touched. The price sat at $95.00 and my budget was $100. The dress was originally $460, new with tags.

With Betsey Johnson formal dresses running at about $300 + , this really seemed like a really fantastic deal. Skeptical with the low price I inspected the seller's rating and found nothing but good reviews. I also inspected item details and photographs which only made me more excited about my bargain find. With only three hours left on the bid, I didn't want to get my hopes up. I  was nervous I might lose the bid on this dress. This was my last hope in finding a dress for the wedding which was approaching in three weeks time. Laptop in hand I checked on the dress every 30 minutes.

As the bid came closer to the ending time I hoped that someone else was not doing the same thing I was doing and waiting until the very last 10 seconds to bid on the dress. With my budget being so close to the starting bid price, I knew I was taking my chances. At 10 seconds left, I placed my bid to $95.00 (the starting price of the dress) and waited. Those 10 seconds were the longest 10 seconds of my life. When the bid finally was over I refreshed my screen and was thrilled to read the words "you have just won this bid!". 


With shipping prices my dress came out to be just about $100. I received my dress in three days and was very pleased with my purchase. This has been one of the BEST bargain finds I have found in a long time. To all of you fashion-lovers out there, don't give up hope in finding cheap designer pieces! Take your time, be patient and scout Ebay on a daily basis. Things are constantly being put up and you never know what kind of deal you might find! 

Back of Dress

Front of Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment